Saturday, June 25, 2011

Here I am in hospital - yet again. Having crohns disease and common variable immunodeficiency means regular hospital stays. I bleed. I bleed a lot! The tests are inconclusive and now they will do a pill camera study. Quite amazing that you can swallow a tiny camera and it will record what's it sees on it's way through me. When I was first diagnosed with crohns disease years ago the technology was quite lacking by today's standards. I've become so used to being sick that when people express their 'sorrow' I am often surprised ad I forget that most people think it's a big deal just to have a blood test. I have the best vein (nurses love it!) for taking blood and if I look carefully I can actually see loads of tiny puncture marks. Not pretty!

Today, however is my daughters first ballet concert and I'm incredibly sad that I will miss it. I also missed her little choir concert last night. But as my doctor assured me last night there will be years ahead of other concerts and events that I will get to see my daughter in. They will be happy days :)

No comments: