Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Today was one of those days where I struggled to get out of bed. Once I did get up I struggled to make even the simplest of decisions about the day. I hated feeling like I didn't even have the mental strength to make a benign decision without feeling like the world might come crashing down on me. I tried to  concentrate on simply thinking about the present moment. I then made the decision to go to the gym. Once I'd decided I then simply focused on getting ready. I tried not to let my mind wander and start thinking about the past or the future, but to simply be aware of what my body was doing and how my mind was responding. It's so cliched, I know, but if it really does help, then just do it. Tonight I feel incredibly relaxed, calm and content. It's exactly the feeling that I wish I could feel all the time.

No comments: